In today’s article, we are going to be talking about the Canada English proficiency Entrance Scholarship, its eligibility, admission requirements for international students, Durham college application fee, and Durham college offer letter processing time.
About Durham College, Canada
Durham College, Canada was established in 1967 and is situated in the Durham Region of Ontario, Canada. It is one of the most internationally diverse, inclusive colleges that offers quality market-need-driven educational curricula, academic support resources, and career services.
As an International student commencing a program at Durham College, you are automatically eligible for a wide range of scholarships that help you settle some part of the cost of study. However, these scholarships are only open to full-time international students commencing their first program of study at Durham College.
One such scholarship is the English Proficiency Entrance Scholarship.
English Proficiency Entrance Scholarship
- You must submit your application for admission and pay your fees before the deadline on the offer letter.
- You must arrive in Canada, remain enrolled at Durham College, and pass the
10th day of the semester.
- If you withdraw from Semester 2 before the 10th day of the semester, the English proficiency entrance scholarship will be revoked, and the money awarded will be subtracted from your refund.
- If you fail to register for Semester 2 classes before the 5th day of the semester, the scholarship will be revoked, and the money awarded will be subtracted from your account.
Important Information to note about the scholarship:
- Please note that English Language Proficiency results must be submitted at the time of application
- The Scholarship is awarded towards second-semester fees and will be awarded before the deadline for the student’s second-semester fee payment or before registration for semester 2 classes.
- In case you paid in full your year’s fees before receiving the scholarship money, you will be issued a refund cheque in the month following the start of each semester (October, February, and June).
English Proficiency Entrance Scholarship Coverage
The English proficiency entrance scholarship offers you an award of up to C$1,000 and C$1500. The amount you receive depends on the English proficiency test score you were able to meet.
Below is the table that shows the test score for the award.
Award Up To C$1,000
Grade 12 English final of 80%**
Cape – Grade 2
CSEC (CXC) – Grade 1
A Level – Grade B
0 Level – Grade A/7
BGSCE – Grade A
KSCE – Grade AAcademic IELTS 7.5
TOEFL (IBT) 102
IB English A HL – Grade 5
Award Up To C$1,500
UCE – Grade 1
DUO LINGO 120
Grade 12 English final of 85%**
CAPE – Grade 1
A Level – Grade A/A*
O Level – Grade A*/8 or 9
KSCE – Grade A
Academic IELTS 8.0
TOEFL (IBT) 110
IB English A HL – Grade 6 or 7
Please note that University level English results are not eligible for scholarships.
Durham College Admission Requirements For International Students
Below are the requirements you must fulfil to be eligible for admission into Durham college as an international student.
- You must meet the English language score requirement. For specific details about the required English proficiency test score, visit durhamcollege.ca/international/english-language-requirements.
- You must meet your specific program requirement. To know your specific program requirement, visit durhamcollege.ca/programs
- You must meet your specific country’s requirements. To know your country’s admission requirements, do visit durhamcollege.ca/international/country-admissions-information.You must possess the following documents –
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required)
- High school/secondary school transcript
- High school/secondary school diploma
- Post-secondary transcripts (college or university) – if applicable
- Post-secondary degree (college or university) – if applicable ➔ Passport
Durham College Offer Letter Processing Time.
Durham College Admission offer letter processing takes about 15-20 business days from the day you submit your application. Within 15 to 20 days, you will be sent login information to your self-serve application portal. You can easily access the application portal at www.durhamcollege.ca/mycampus.
The portal contains your specific information on
- The status of your application to DC.
- Any document that needs to be uploaded
- Record any admission letter and important email correspondence from DC International Admissions.
- If you have received a letter of acceptance, you are to confirm your attendance on the portal
- After confirming your attendance eat Durham college, you can proceed to pay your tuition fees.
- After a successful payment, print your official DC fee receipt
- In the case you have declined admission, it will display why you have declined admission into Durham College.
Durham College Application Fee for International Students
While applying for Durham College, you must make a non-refundable application fee payment of $110.
After the payment of the application fee, it is required that you submit your application to your program of choice and include all your supporting documents to ontariocolleges.ca before February 1 for a fall start, October 1 for a winter start, and February 1 for a spring start.
Ensure you keep a tab on the Durham College Official Website to get the latest information on the Durham College Canada English Proficiency Entrance
Scholarship and admission-related information.