In today’s article we will be talking about flight insurance and everything we need to know about flight insurance, many people may not really know what flight insurance means or what it can cover and what it does not cover but now to worry we will be touching every single part on what flight insurance is and what they can cover and if flight insurance is worth it.
What Is Flight Insurance?
Flight insurance can be defined as a type of policy coverage that can cover flight delays, interruptions of trips, cancellations of trips, stolen luggage, damages, and loss but note that this flight insurance is a plan limit that will be known to the customers. Flight insurance can a, also cover up to one, if by chance the person could not travel due to some medical challenges, this policy can coverage to this type of situation.
What Can Flight Insurance Cover?
This is a question everyone who will like to purchase flight insurance would love to know because it is important for one to know the advantage and disadvantages of insurance before buying or purchasing it, this policy has a lot of things that can be covered too, here are what flight insurance can cover;
- Cancellation Of Trip/Flight: Flight insurance can be covered by the challenge caused by storms or bad weather.
- Interruption of trip/flight
- Unexpected delay of the flight
- Lost, damaged, and stolen luggage or property
- Medical conditions like any type of illness that may cause you to miss your flight will be covered by the insurance policy
Note: it is very important for one to know that the limit of this policy is low which might want to cause a few gaps in coverage.
What Can Flight Insurance Not Cover?
As we are all aware of what flight insurance can cover, they also have things they cannot cover which we will state below this part of the article, here are the things that cannot be covered by flight insurance or what flight insurance cannot be covered for:
- Pre-existing Illness/Sickness: This policy will not be covered for customers who already had any illness or sickness before purchasing the insurance or before the flight date.
- Fear Of Travel: This can be due to some fear or pandemic that might be happing in the country or place that one wants to head to, you cannot cancel the trip based on that because the flight Insurance policy will not cover it because it’s not in their policy with you.
- Natural Disaster: This will not be covered by the flight insurance if this happens before buying the flight insurance.
- Cancellation Or Interruption Of Trip: Before one can enjoy this policy it must be part of the policies you’re registered with if not you cannot cancel your trip with the help of flight insurance because they will not cover for it, only if you plan for this policy.
- Drug Or Alcohol Activities: The flight policy will not cover any type of accident or sickness that is the cause of alcohol or drug taking/drug abuse.
- Pregnancy: It is possible for one to cancel the trip after buying the flight insurance policy but you need to prove that the pregnancy was after purchasing the policy this prove will have to be a confirmed medical report that will be made if not, if one travel with pregnancy the flight insurance will not cover for any type of complications or sickness that the pregnant woman may pass through during the trip.
- Anything That Is Not Mentioned In The Policy: This is a very important message that everyone needs to know, before buying or purchasing flight insurance you need to check and go through the policy manual, whatever is not in the manual or anything that is stated in the manual that is not covered by the insurance policy one should know that it cannot be covered by them, so we have to carefully choose and follow their policy.
Is Flight Insurance Worth It?
This is another question that everyone wants to know if flight insurance is worth everything they claim to be, the answer is YES because they can be very useful for you while traveling, they can cover your budget and other expenses but it will be the type of policy plan you do or make with them, they are also helpful when you sick or with any type of illness while traveling, they have many things they can cover up for while planning to travel.
In summary to this article, we have told you if flight insurance is worth it, we have also stated the things they can be covered for and what they cannot cover, we have also defined flight insurance to the understanding of everyone reading this article, but note that some of the policy may not last long so before buying or purchasing any policy you have to make research and ask a question, read their manual about their policy so you can understand everything about flight insurance.
Thank you for reading, for any inquiries or questions, you can drop them in the comment section we will be attending to them gladly.